Friday, October 21, 2011

A Sunset, A Beach, A Ballerina and a Photographer

I thought it was time I took photos of a Ballerina doing what they do with a nice setting sun backdrop. I was on tour in Bunbury with a children's stage show, Ben 10 Live Time Machine (Facebook link). Whilst in Bunbury I thought it would be the perfect. Gorgeous cloudless days. Sunset over the ocean. Ok. Suddenly there were many clouds. Many dark heavy clouds. No worries. I'll use what is available. Luckily I had two of the cast as VALS (Voice Activated Light Stand). I took a shot of the sunset. Then dialled in the exposure to two stops below. I think it was about 2 stops. The VALS had a strobe each on either side, and voila.


It was getting dark rather quickly. Hence the background getting dark. Actually, I thought I might try for a more gloomy look, rather than a bright POW! look.


And my favourite. I think one of the VALS might have been distracted by a seagull here. So only one light.

No comments:

Post a Comment